Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life Lessons from Mint

Ah, Mint, you torment me so...your uncontainable and tenacious persistence and flat-out, in-your-face refusal to acknowledge boundaries (such as the container I PLANTED you in!!!)  frustrates me while also earning you my grudging respect. I admit it- I do admire how you so earnestly flourish wherever you land, adapting and thriving readily in new environs, doing what you were created to do- LIVE! THRIVE! BE! (I may need to add INVADE to this list someday).

I, too, seek to flourish where I live, regardless of circumstance, supported by deep roots in my environment, community, family...with a tenacious spirit that continues regardless of obstacles, so that I emerge stronger and more vibrant as a result of the struggles I may have faced.

Hmmm- who knew such ready life lessons could be gleaned from such a simple thing as mint?


No comments:

Post a Comment